Friday, August 29, 2014

Adventures in Happiness!

Top Ten Things that Make Me Happy:

10. My dogs... Rocky, Carter, Ace, Crosby, Emma, Gary, and lil Jesse James! Along with all of my family dogs and fosters, which would take WAY too many lines to type!

9. Great movies... movies that make me want to learn to dance, be a warrior, save the world, or solve a mystery!

8. Great books... books that make me grow, make me cry, make me stronger, make me laugh, make me uncomfortable, and make me dream again.

7. Helping Others... helping others allows me to be fully alive, to channel all of the things I've learned and dreamed into becoming a better person and helping other people do the same.

6. Apples and Almond Butter... it's my favorite healthy snack! An apple a day keeps the doctor away, and keeps me away from the chips and queso!

5. Horses... as much as I love dogs, my first true love has always been horses. Don't tell my husband, but that would be the only thing that would pull me away from doing so much in dog rescue. I miss my horses. Riding a horse is like floating on air. It's where I belong. I miss it terribly but it makes me so so happy!

4. Seeing a great band... I like so many kinds of music that it makes me crazy! I love to watch the musicians, I love to sing along. I wish I could carry a tune, but I am very tune challenged! But that doesn't keep me from singing! My favorite music makes me want to dance and sing and act like a fool!

3. Spending time with my friends... I have the BEST friends on the planet! When I am with my friends, I feel like I'm closer to who I want to be in real life! My friend Raychel Shaw has taught me to step out of my comfort zone and try so many new things! More about that to come!

2. Learning new things... learning to shoot a bow, learning to shoot a pistol, learning about fitness and how to help others get fit, learning how to manage and inspire teams, and learning how to learn!

1. My incredible, awesome, loving, funny, inspiring and talented family! My children are musical, creative and completely hilarious! They both have a thousand songs in their hearts and world class novels in their heads! They are the reason I try so hard to be the best version of myself. My husband is an authentic cowboy. He is hard and tender, stubborn, funny, a visionary, a dreamer, and someone who has put together the life he always wanted to live on a day hand's income. He doesn't settle for less than what he really wants.

1 comment: