Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Family

I started this blog because I love reading about other folks, their families, and their lives. It's fun and reminds me of my love for a good story and how small the world can be sometimes!

I have two children, both boys, ages 21 and 17. My oldest son, College Boy, plays guitar, goes to college at Texas State in San Marcos, and is working this summer at the funnest place in the world, Schlitterbahn!!! My baby son, Jr. Boy, also plays guitar, is a junior in high school for two more weeks, and has braces. He is working at Subway right now, but that may change soon, so don't hold me to that! They will be CB and JB from here on out!

I am married and have been for over half my life. My husband is a rancher and cowboy by trade. That means that he works cattle for other people as well as our own. We are not always happily married, but that's a story for another time. I just wanted you to know that when I said I'm a married single mother, it means that I am married but that I raised my kids pretty much by myself without much support from a spouse. I haven't got a good name for him yet, maybe later!

I grew up about 26 miles from where I presently live in the lovely little town of Bryan, TX. Graduated from Bryan High in 1984 and went to college at the Big School, TAMU, for a couple of years. Most of my family still lives right there in Bryan. My mom is a dental mgmt consultant, my sister owns a bakery, and my brother is a mechanic. My dad lives a little outside of town where he trains racehorses.

I'll share a lot about my family. I love them all, especially my sons! It's an incredible adventure raising a family. Come along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment